Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Are you kidding me?!

I don't know why, but lately I have been listening to a lot of KJ-52's music on youtube, checking the music videos and stuff. (That's, Five Two, by the way.)

And as I listened to some of these songs, out of curiosity, I looked at some of the comments on the video. Because I like to see the impact KJ has on people, some of his lyrics are powerful.

But what I saw has me fired up and disgusted! I would read the comments of people saying how great God is, how He loves us and all that, which I am not condemning. But then, most times without fail, a random atheist had happened to hear the song, and decided to place what he thought of the song. Can you guess the reaction??

"Shut up, dude, you got no idea what you are saying."
And things like that, I cannot believe that! I mean, seriously! Think about it, we could be the only gospel they ever see, hear, or witness! We could change their lives and yet we live like its nothing. They are dying, they will burn for all eternity, they will be separated from God! Does that not stir you?! Does that not make you want to rise up and start a riot in the streets? Not a literal fight, but a spiritual war? I want to make Satan screech, I want him to see me witness, if only with my life. And I want him to see me as a huge threat. Because if I start living my life as that example, then I will start witnessing more, and then Satan is in trouble! We live in a dying, perverted, lost, dark, sinful, hopeless world! Though it is hopeless, that doesn't mean it is helpless! On the contrary, God has helped us!!

Are you seriously going to sit and stand, and laugh and play, joke and rave, about the newest trend. But not tell your friends, where true life begins?! Are you seriously going to put your life under a lamp?? Or are you going to do your absolute best to bring them to God?!

It may seem like I am a bit fired up. Well I am, I am fired up with fear. Fear of death for those who are lost! And you could give them the good news! Where are we at Christians?? Do you not know where they are going?? They are hurting, they need a remedy!!

Or, do you even care?? I just got thinking about this, do we care enough about those we call our "friends" that we don't even tell them about our Savior??
I will tell you, I struggle with that. I know that there are a few that I care for, in fact, all the people I know personally that are lost, I do care about them. I'd go as far as to say that I love them. Why? Because Christ loves them, and they are not nasty people. They are just lost, they are God's perfect creation. They are sick, and we have the remedy. We listen to messages like this from guys behind pulpits, we write blogs like this, and we let it slide off our shoulders like, so so. No, this is enough, it is about time we make Satan scream. It is high time we throw away the things that cover out light. It is time that we start a riot and share God's word. We could change the world!! So, are you with me??

I challenge you, to fully examine your life, every aspect, if you don't think you are pleasing God, change whatever makes you feel like that.
To put a target on somebody's back. What I mean by that, is pick a friend of yours, that you know is not saved, and help them. Witness to them, do something. Just because you target one person doesn't mean that you are limited. Go after as many as you can.
But as you take this challenge--which I pray you do--I want you to commit yourself to spending time with God. You got to remember that, before you can impact somebody's life for Christ, you first must be impacted.

So, take with you the words of my Savior, go therefore and make disciples of all nations. And lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

I read a quote on Facebook, someone had on there; "You cannot bring everyone you meet to Christ, but, you can bring Christ to everyone you meet."

Thanks for reading,

John Mark,

1 comment: