Thursday, June 2, 2011

Praising God; From a New(ish) Perspective:

Tonight is Wednesday night, I went to church, which was awesome. I absolutely love church. But tonight, as we were beginning to start singing, I really got to thinking: "What does someone, who is not saved, and hasn't gone to church before think about Praise and Worship songs?"

Thus I began thinking about what they would think, essentially; trying to think as if I had never been to church before. And the first question I thought of was: "Why am I singing? Why do we Worship God?"
I believe that for someone that isn't saved, that is a valid question. Why worship God? So here's a few verses, go through them and let me know what you think!

Psalm 86:
5 For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive,
         And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You.
8 Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;
         Nor are there any works like Your works.
 9 All nations whom You have made
         Shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
         And shall glorify Your name.
 10 For You are great, and do wondrous things;
         You alone are God.

 11 Teach me Your way, O LORD;
         I will walk in Your truth;
         Unite my heart to fear Your name.
 12 I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
         And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
 13 For great is Your mercy toward me,
         And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.

 14 O God, the proud have risen against me,
         And a mob of violent men have sought my life,
         And have not set You before them.
 15 But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious,
         Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth.

Also, check out: Psalm 89:8-15; 92:1-6; 95:18;

I think it would be really beneficial, and awesome to have kind of an "intro" to worship. Telling why we worship our King.

Thanks for reading,

John Mark.

1 comment: