Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ephesians 6:5-20;

Verse 5 is where I am going to focus today.

Bond servants, do everything as if for Christ.

How often do we call God "Lord"? The word actually means; Master. So we are slaves to Christ. Bond servants. So, in all our actions do them as if they are for Christ and we were commanded by Christ to do those things.  Not as men pleasers. But as slaves of Christ doing the will of God.

Christianity: Blissful Slavery.

Be strong in the Lord, and the Power of His Might. The Power of His Might... I can hope in that.

Put on the armor of God so as to defend yourself from the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against Spiritual darkness of this age.

Stand with truth, since the truth is what has set us free, we should live by it. Righteousness, Christ has made us righteous in His blood thus we should walk in righteousness. Prepare yourself in the Gospel--the Good news--of peace, though I fail so often, we should start each day in the Gospel, to prepare ourselves against the world. The Shield of Faith, our great defense: Faith. And the helmet of salvation, putting our thoughts on Salvation so that nothing wicked can enter our minds. And the sword of the Spirit, letting the Holy Spirit fight for us, for we cannot stand alone.

Praying always. Pray for me that I speak as I should.

Well, that's it. Ephesians is over. Wow... at times I thought it would never end! I hope you enjoyed it, I am sorry it took so long and that I missed some days here and there.

Thanks for reading!

John Mark,

1 comment: