Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Discussion Session Part 1:

Over the past few weeks, some of the guys in my Youth Group and I, have gotten together and discussed different topics. It started with just me and one other guy.

That first night, we discussed predestination. Now, for a long time now, Predestination has been a topic that I did not like to discuss, because I did not like the idea of no control over my life. Mainly, it was because of Pride. But as we sat down and started talking, we talked some about Romans 8:28; (All things work together for good, for those who love God and are called according to His Purpose.)

Then I read the next verse with it.
29:
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I have always struggled with the idea of Predestination, for a number of reasons. So, as we began to talk about this, and to debate different things; I found that I could not walk around and just simply forget this verse. So, I read over it. And the verse phrase caught me. Specifically the one word, foreknew. It reminded me of Matthew 7:20-23:
It talks about here, people coming, crying to God, all the things they did in Christ' name. But Christ said, I never knew you, depart from Me you who practice lawlessness. Perhaps, the word, foreknew, and knew are similar here. Perhaps God is saying, that since He is God, and He does not live inside of time, that He knows who will pursue a true relationship with Him, getting to know Him. And who will not. And from there, He gives each to his own destiny. Thus, they are Predestined.

God gives to each the opportunity to know Him, but He knows that some will not pursue. Some will claim, some will act like it. But wide is the road that leads to destruction, and many are they that go on that road. But narrow is the way that leads to Righteousness, and few are those who find it.

This is just a shortened version, and quite simply, it is what I believe on the subject of Predestination. I may be wrong, but personally, I do not believe that this matter is the one on which my faith stands. My faith stands alone on the belief of Christ Came, Christ Served, Christ Died, Christ Rose, Christ Redeemed.

In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found.

Thanks for reading!

Adios,

No comments:

Post a Comment