Saturday, March 10, 2012

Hey, did you hear about...

I have been recently convicted, of something that I thought was extremely basic. Gossip. I guess I never noticed it. Because where I live, everyone thinks nothing of it. Everyone participates. Maybe its just because I am in a small town, where everyone knows your name.

But the more I consider this, not only does it seem silly and immature. It's not biblical. We are not supposed to talk about someone behind their backs.
And I'll be honest, it is hard not to be a part of this. It's hard not to jump into a conversation about someone. And worse yet, it's harder not to tell someone to stop! Listening to it is the same as saying it!
And another thing, am I the only one who walks away from a Gossipation (A conversation consisting of all gossip) asking what people say about me? Doesn't that just make you NOT want to trust those people?

Wouldn't it make sense then to assume that other people walk away from you (if you participate in gossip), wondering what you say about them? And generally not trusting you?
Gossip is damaging. It is damaging to the people that you say it about, to your integrity, and to your mind. Because all you can think about then is what you don't like about people. What they do wrong.
And, you become a victim. You can't help but wonder, are they mad at me? Why are they mad at me? What did I do? So on. Why? Because you've created a mentality of everyone is doing something wrong, and constantly wondering what people are saying about you.

This, if not controlled, goes into other areas, other relationships. Let's say you start to date, and that guy or girl, asks for some space, just for space. Maybe just to have some pure alone time, or to get their thoughts straight without their emotions concerning you getting in the way. If your thoughts are constantly, they are mad at me. Then your actions and words will be that way. You may even begin to talk to people about it, and may give him/her a bad image.

I write all this, jumbled mess to say, keep your mind pure. Conscience clean. Don't live your life worrying about what people are saying, and don't give room for people to wonder that concerning you. If it is not helping people, don't say it.

Thanks for reading,

John Mark,

No comments:

Post a Comment