Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christ. You. Amaze. Me.

I am simply amazed by my Savior. On so many levels. So I want to skim over a couple real quick.

One that has hit me lately, is Hope. I'll be straight up with you, I hate my life. I hate that I sin so much. I hate that I get opportunities to witness and I say no. All these things. I am a child, no man, but a child, that is full of pride. Pride in the appearance that Christ gave him. In the ability that Christ gave him. I look in the mirror, though on the outside I may appear impressed with what I see, I am disgusted.

Literally, the only thing that keeps me going in this, is Christ. Hope that it is all forgiven, and for a purpose. Without faith in this hope that has given me a purpose through grace and holy forgiveness, I would be dead.
But, what kept Christ going? What was His hope? What was it that He looked at, that as Hebrews 12:2 says, He took the punishment for joy. What was this joy?

It was me. And you. It was the one's He created. This was what kept Him going, even as He was beaten and bruised. It was His love for us. What love!

Another, is Forgiveness. In that as I said, I hate myself for what I am. And many a time I am unwilling to forgive myself for this Cosmic Treason. He's already forgiven me... What? How? What Love. How He Loves.

And the last I will go over, is a mixture of both. It is forgiving us, and giving us a reason to hope even in times when we need forgiveness. The hope that, our failure doesn't make this all in vain. It is the hope, that, as long as I run after God, then even as I fall, I will fall forward. Even when I fall, I fall closer to Christ.

Hope, tomorrow is brighter than today, as long as today is passing, and Tomorrow has yet to come.

Thanks for reading,

John Mark,

No comments:

Post a Comment