Saturday, December 24, 2011

On My Mind...

I see myself as a very poetic person. I don't simply write words, I love words. Every word I say, or write, is strategically placed so as to get my exact point across. (Though sadly, sometimes only in a way that I understand.) I have always been told, how I have a way with words, and quite honestly, I agree, 100%. I do, it is a gift from God.

Think about that, that one line, A Gift From God. Today is Christmas Eve. I have a little less than two hours before the end of the day and the break of the new one. Today, tomorrow, this season, is all about gifts. Though, I believe it should focus on one Gift in Particular.

But here's the deal!

God did not give us only one gift! He continually blesses us day to day! The gifts abound and abound. For instance, Spiritual Gifts, Talents and natural Abilities, Luxury, Wealth, Comfort. All Gifts given so that we may have the greatest of opportunities to Glorify God!

Now all of this, is relatively irrelevant to what I intend to discuss. I intend to discuss my inclination to Poetic communication.

I know, I know. As you go into this, thoughts about my pasts posts, that included my views on emotional purity will spring up. But bear with me here! But to help you understand in the absolute most possible manor, let me give some back drop.

Let me be honest, though I feel, this will back fire on me, I will be perfectly honest.

There's this girl.

Before you get on my case, I said pursue, I never said that I would abolish any interest in a girl. I state, with absolute certainty that to do so is humanly impossible.

But, whenever ever I talk to this girl, or even think about her, (which tends to be frequently,) my mind slips to poetry. Thinking about the absolute most eloquent thing I could say. The absolute most poetic or flattering thing I could write. I literally battle myself from saying these things.

But it hit me today. As much as I think about her. And as much as I want to say eloquent things to her. How much more, does God wish to say such things to those that He loves the most?
I find that I have neglected that Christ bears a love that no man could understand, and that no being except He that bears it, could possibly deserve.

Really, please, take some serious time to think over this! Christ wants to talk to you, all the time! He thinks about you, all the time! He prays for and about you, all the time! Jesus Christ loves you, All The Time!

This is astounding to me. The God of all Creation: Whoa.

God, I love you too.

Thanks for reading,

John Mark,

No comments:

Post a Comment